Who is on our Team?
Our staff are the core of our camp program! We are seeking highly qualified candidates who are committed to making our camper's summer memorable, safe, valuable, and fun! Each summer we assemble a hand-picked team that represents the "best of the best" in the camp industry. We give priority consideration to staff with recent previous resident camp experience.
- Minimum age is 18 and completion of at least one year of college or equivalent work experience.
- Currently holds or is willing to obtain American Red Cross CPR/First Aid Certification for both Children and Adults. A CPR course is available through Fox in June
- Desire to work, live, and supervise campers 24 hours per day (with daily break)
- Commitment to the Fox Mountain Philosophy and desire to help campers develop new skills, make connections, and gain a long-term benefit from camp.
- Previous child supervision experience
- Professional attitude, and ability to put camper's needs before your own
- Willingness to ask for and accept guidance from the administrative team
- Must demonstrate creativity, leadership, and safety
- Ability to attend all training dates prior to camp and all camp dates
- Must agree to pre-employment and mid-employment drug testing and background checks
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Ability to hike uphill for 1 mile
- Frequent bending, kneeling, and leaning
- Ability to swim
- Standing for long periods of time
- Playing and leading games and activities in an outdoor setting
- Ability to supervise a group of 5-10 campers
- Ability to perform basic first aid and CPR
Additional Certifications (Pay Increases)
- Class B Commercial Driver's License with Passenger Endorsement (15 passengers)
- Certified Lifeguard for Pools and/or open water
- Wilderness First Responder